Merry Christmas, Dayton! Visit our online gift to you: an online collection of winter photos of days past from Dayton, Virginia. Do you recognize anyone?
Now available: The fourth installment of our Silver Lake Tails series is on sale now. Wings - a true story from Silver Lake. A free coordinating canvas bookmark to the first 200 buyers!
Nestled in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the store at Silver Lake Mill specializes in quality Shenandoah Valley-made items. Our selection reflects the culture of our geographical location, as well as our long history and rich diversity of wildlife that is attracted to the 15-acre lake at our doorstep.
The Silver Lake Mill store features fine gifts and factory overruns and seconds from LDA Creations, the custom gift decorating business that has 'rescued' and now occupies the landmark structure. Mill themed products are available, as well as locally produced artwork and folk art. See our store page for more details.
A few of the locally made items available at our Dayton store:
- Locally produced maple syrup
- 18th century style lighting and tinware by Early American Tin Lighting
- Unique beaded jewelry and hand-crafted silver pieces
- wooden toys, cars and trains
- Photographic Prints by Allen Litten
- Quilted Wall Hangings
- Walking Sticks
- Hand-carved Birds
- Handmade Wood Benches
- Handmade Hall Trees
- Hardwood Fern Stands
- Paintings and prints by local artists
- homemade bread, whoopie pies, cookies cinnamon rolls and sticky buns, freshly baked every day
- stained-glass sun catchers
- one-of-a-kind wooden jewelery boxes
- Heart Scent Candles
- A Bit of Soap, soaps thoughtfully made from all natural ingredients
- baskets and woven purses
- Hand-painted porcelain mugs and pie plates
- Quirky gourd birdhouses
- Woven rugs